Leading Impact Investing Group Announces 11 ESG, Affordable Housing Leaders to Inaugural Advisory Board
(Dec. 12, 2022) — The Multifamily Impact Council (MIC) today announced the creation of an advisory board comprised of 11 leaders from the impact investing and ESG reporting and certification industries.
The board will provide guidance and expertise to the MIC and support the organization’s mission to establish a framework of impact investing principles and reporting guidelines for the multifamily industry and help increase the flow of global impact capital into affordable and sustainable rental housing in the United States.
“As a collaboration-oriented organization, creating an advisory board of experts from the impact investing and ESG certification space has been part of our organization’s road map since day one,” Bob Simpson, Multifamily Impact Council President, said. “We’re thrilled with the caliber and breadth of experience our Board members bring to the table, and we’re excited to have their input and hear their perspectives as we execute the critical work before us.”
“The MIC is doing imperative work of articulating principles for the multifamily impact investing sector,” said advisory board member Lissa Glasgo, Director of IRIS+ and Impact Measurement & Management at the Global Impact Investing Network. “This will be critical for the future of impact investing, and I’m honored to serve on a board of extraordinary leaders in the housing industry to work on this initiative.”
“The multifamily housing sector offers major energy efficiency and GHG emission reduction opportunities,” said MIC Advisory Board Member Dan Winters, Senior Director of Market Development & Strategic Initiatives at GRESB. “Convening experienced leaders to develop a framework of impact-oriented metrics tailored to residential multifamily communities will be a significant accelerator to achieving superior outcomes.”
MIC’s board of directors appoints advisory board members to serve two-year terms. During their term, each member is asked to:
- Provide guidance and feedback during the development and maintenance of the Multifamily Impact Framework®. The Framework will be a set of impact principles and reporting guidelines for the multifamily industry.
- Offer subject matter expertise and perspective on specific housing impact issues.
- Identify and recommend research projects and partnership opportunities supporting MIC’s mission.
Advisory board members are also encouraged to support the advancement of impact investing across the housing industry and serve as advocates and ambassadors for the MIC.
MIC’s inaugural advisory board includes:
- Kenny Emson – COO, National Multifamily Housing Council
- Andrea Ponsor – CEO, Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future
- Stockton Williams – Executive Director, National Council of State Housing Agencies
- Katelynn Walker – Associate Director for Affordable Housing Initiatives, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Emily Cadik – CEO, Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition
- Lissa Glasgo – Director, IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management, Global Impact Investing Network
- Dan Winters – Senior Director, Market Development & Strategic Initiatives, GRESB
- Ryan Johnson – Vice President of Real Estate and Capital Markets, Greenville Housing Fund
- Sharif Mitchell – Managing Principal, Dantes Community Partners
- Sharon Dworkin Bell – Executive Director, Council of Large Affordable Housing Owners
- Michelle Boyd – Chief Strategy Officer, The Terner Center for Housing Innovation and Strategy at the University of California – Berkeley
To learn more about the Multifamily Impact Council and to see biographies of the advisory board members, please visit multifamilyimpactcouncil.org.
About Multifamily Impact Council
The Multifamily Impact Council is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to establishing a framework of impact investing principles and reporting guidelines for the multifamily industry that will increase the flow of global capital into affordable and sustainable rental housing in the United States.